Wednesday, March 1, 2006

GUNNM / BATTLE ANGEL ALITA INTEGRATION

I thought long and hard about whether to add the NON-SHIROW content of Battle Angel Alita to UC3K. I didn't want to do so at first. But with the introduction of the Gundam Universal Century material to the Campaign Setting I realized that the precious egg of Shirow's grand work was already sullied by foreign contaminate and therefore any more I might add couldn't hurt the world too badly. So I am adding the Battle Angel Universe into the bouillabaisse of UC3K.

I am setting it in the remains of North America as the original author intended however I am altering the timeline without regard to the author's original intent. GUNNM is set in the very far future, The year 2533 a.d; and I just don't see that being necessary with our UC3K technology being where it is at 0079. (2129 A.D)

Battle Angel Alita has a number of cool technologies such as "rocket-hammers" and enormous cyborgs the size of mechs, full-conversion bodies capable of supersonic movement and plasma-jet generation. It gives us the sport of Motorball and Cyborg gladiatorial arena fights and the Orbital elevator/ring city of Tiphares/Kethares, incomprehensible nano-technolgy that renders moderate immortality and more.

So I will post here the extra material for the Battle Angel inspired parts of UC3K.

No comments: